Most of times vegetables are forcibly eaten as they are supposed to be good for your health. I call it obligatory eating. So sometimes as a treat, you will need a cheat. This is a perfect recipe for that. If an unexpected guest turns up one evening or maybe the weather outside is such that it demands you have a fried yummy goodness then this is something you should definitely try. This is simple and quick to make snack. You can make this with any vegetables you have on hand and it will still turn out tasty. I’m sure this mixed vegetable goodness will satisfy all the taste palates you want to please.
You can serve this quick recipe as a snack or an appetizer along with a nice creamy dipping sauce like yogurt avocado or sour cream and you can be sure that all your guests will enjoy every bite of it.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
½ cup grated beetroot
½ cup grated carrot
½ cup grated zucchini
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup grated cabbage
½ cup sweet corn
½ cup spring onions finely chopped
1 green chili finely chopped
1 teaspoon red chili powder
¼ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
¼ teaspoon dry mango powder
½ teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon tomato sauce
1 teaspoon green chili sauce
½ cup corn flour
¾ cup refined flour
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
Coriander for garnish
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl except the refined flour and corn flour. Mix it well with your hands.
- Now add both the flours, and mix well. You don’t need to add water as the vegetables release water that is more than enough to get make it into dough.
- Make small balls and flatten them a little. And then set aside.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry the fritters. Fry until they are crispy.
- Dry them on a sheet of paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Garnish it with coriander and serve hot.
- If you want to avoid the calories, you can shallow fry them in a pan instead of deep frying them.